If you are the first to nudge co-workers and neighbors to recycle and cut down on waste then you’re our kind of peep. To tackle the trash in NYC, we need to work together to magnify impact. Try these 7 tips and together, we’ll align even more New Yorkers with our Zero Waste by 30 goals:
NUDGE KIDS AND COLLEAGUES
1. Teach kids how to grow food and compost.
2. Educate colleagues about NYC Zero Waste efforts, esp. how to prevent waste and sort properly we can help!
NUDGE SUPERS AND BUSINESSES
4. Encourage manufacturers to design products and packaging with more recycled and recyclable components and use less material. Inspo at WeHateToWaste.
NUDGE LOCAL OFFICIALS
5. Press for more NYC Zero Waste drop-off collection sites for organics, support for thrift shops and Stop ‘N’ Swap, and expansion of Materials for the Arts and other reuse efforts for all NYC citizens. Support Right to Repair legislation in New York State.
6. Urge elected officials to invest in public education efforts like GreeNYC, and other NYC Zero Waste recycling, reuse, and waste reduction campaigns. Lobby for an high impact marketing campaign to inspire New Yorkers to change their consumption habits.
7. Lobby NY State elected officials to support a 5 cent fee on shopping bags in supermarkets.
We’ve got 53 more ways to nudge New Yorkers and reduce waste in NYC.
Just click on the icon below:
Posting Guidelines – This and other stories published on WeHateToWaste.com are intended to prompt positive conversations about practical solutions for preventing waste. Opinions expressed are solely those of the contributors, and WeHateToWaste implies no endorsement of the products or organizations mentioned.